How We Help
Empowered Aging envisions a world where all older adults and their families are enabled to navigate the aging continuum through person-centered advocacy, education, and collaborative leadership. We work every day to realize our vision of creating communities where all can age with peace of mind.
Our work is driven by the passion of staff, volunteers, and donors who give their time, money, and voice to improve lives and spark change. That can mean donating to make sure older adults have access to new technology, helping a senior stay engaged with regular visits, speaking out in support of policy change, and so much more.
See How We Make it Happen
Turning innovative ideas into real community-based solutions. Empowered Aging programs offer integrated and coordinated responses to critical issues faced by our elders. We focus on the building blocks for a safe, healthy life and a strong community.
We strive to be fearless in our approach and our work is guided by these principles:
- Discover. We are a learning organization and seek constant understanding.
- Team. We are team members before titles.
- Sphere. Everyone leads where they are.
- Urgency over crisis. We prize speedy resolutions to problems but we are not in crisis.
- Excellence in all things. We treat every task with importance and care.
- Pasture sacred cows. We triumph by questioning everything.
- Clarity, not certainty. We are clear about our direction and will create the path to get there.
- Equality and fairness. Everyone has a voice, everyone.
- QBQ. What. How. Why.
- People over process. We treat every person with dignity, respect, and care.
- No gossip. Communicate challenges up and high fives to everyone.