Protecting Civil and Human Rights
As long-term care ombudsman, we are expressed wish advocates for residents in long-term care facilities. We are the only program mandated by law to make regular unannounced visits to facilities, ensuring that residents live free from abuse, neglect, and receive quality care. As an appointed official, we investigate complaints of individuals against maladministration, especially that of public authorities. We also provide advocacy services and educational resources to empower residents, their families, and the aging community at large.
Systems Work and Advocacy:
- Make regular unannounced visits to facilities.
- Investigate resident complaints, including allegations of abuse and inadequate or dangerous care.
- Improve facility conditions by providing staff trainings.
- Provide information about advanced health care directives and help execute official documents.
- Promote community awareness about aging and long-term care issues through educational workshops.
- Serve as a voice for policy change at the local, state, and national levels.
- Field informational calls from families in distress.
If you or someone you know has a complaint, a question, or needs help, we want to help. Please get in touch with our team by calling (925)685-2070.
- By Phone: (925)685-2070
2255 Contra Costa Blvd., Ste. 204, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
M – F 8 AM – 5 PM
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in help support our senior community? What are you waiting for? It’s time to take action. Find out more about how you can get involved.